Thursday, October 16, 2008

pumkin soup!

This is one of my favorites! We have a tradition with our good friends every October as it gets closer to Halloween, we have a pumpkin night. We make this soup and carve our pumpkins together. I think we are even going to have some pumpkin pasta this year too! I taught a quick and easy meals class the other night at my house and, I made this soup, it literally takes minuets to make but it tastes so fancy! Try it don't be scared, let me know what you think!


Pumpkin Soup

1 Tbs. oil
2 Tbs. minced onion
1 ½ c. chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground ginger
1 c. canned pumpkin pie filling (with seasonings)
1 c. heavy cream

Heat oil sauté onion and ginger till soft. Combine all ingredients. Heat and serve.

4 comments:

Coleen said...

So when I am coming over?

Jake & Rachel said...

I love pumpkin soup!! I'll have to try your recipe. Pumpkin pasta sounds sooo good too, you'll have to post that recipe!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

MMMM we are having this tonight! Brian is going to love it, haha...he doesn't think that soup is a meal!

Peifer Family said...

Randi, I made this soup for a little party I had on Halloween and it was awesome! Everyone loved it..thanks for the great recipe!