Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lemon Bars

This recipe did turn out good. And for some reason I did have left over filling so, I filled a dish and cooked it and we ate it hot....So good. So hot. Be careful. So by request of Kara, who I'm not sure who you are but am glad you stopped by, The Lemon bar recipe. Nothing special just lemony goodness....I'm posting it here because I have no pics of them.


Lemon Bars


Crust: 
2c. flour
1c. butter
1/2c. powdered sugar

combine until crumbly, press into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 min. 

filling:
4 eggs
2c. sugar
1/2c. fresh lemon juice
1/4c. flour
1/2tsp. baking powder
optional grated lemon

combine lemon filling ingrediants until frothy. pour into pan and bake additional 20-25 mins. When cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar.

When I made this I doubled the recipe, and I used a large jellyroll pan, and not all the filling would fit there fore I baked it in a separate crock. So I'm not sure if you'll have extra using the 9x13 dish. Just in case you were looking forward to having a little extra to snack on hot.

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

Thank you Thank you...We live across from your inlaws...My 7 year old thinks he is Keith's best friend. We got to taste these at Keith's open house. They were definitely the best lemon bars I have ever had!! and Yeah, I guess I can admit I blog surf all the time!!