Sunday, June 1, 2008

What Time Is It?....Summertime!!

Oh, things are heating up here! We had a short cold spell (50 degrees and lots of rain) well, cold for us anyway, but now we're back on track with highs in the 100's!! The kids are out of school and swimming like fish, their already a nice golden brown (sounds like aomething yummy huh?) And I'm already counting down until school starts again!! We do have a few fun things planned this summer. Bart and I are getting scuba certified!! We had our first class Saturday and continue Tomorrow night! Oh how I love squeezing into a wet suit!! I have to admit I'm nervous and I'm doing this for Bart, Man does he owe me...I'm thinking Dancing lessons together? So anyhow, We just came back from youth confrence in Flagstaff this weekend, a nice escape from the heat. I guess some people were cold at night, but I was quite toasty in my trailer! I tried not to rub it in. We had a great time at the observatory in Flagstaff we saw the planet saturn and all it's rings thru a 100 yr. old telescope!! We also did a rope course suspended in the air with harnesses...Crazy huh? Bart and I balanced holding onto each other on small planks of wood, it was kinda scary, but awesome to have each other to hold onto and nothing else. (ahhhh) Then I got carsick, what trip to the mountains would be complete without me getting queasy? I seriously was laying in the dirt and ant infested pine needles on the side of the road while BArt dropped people off at the camp spot. It was kinda weird and I'm sure strange looking to see a girl laying in the dirt like she was dead. People drove by without inquiring though, so maybe it's a common thing up there.
So this weekend went well, also we went to Bartel's First Piano recital. It was all boys performing!!! Cool HUH? They all did so good, especially my son (of course). He got a cool ribbon with his name on it and lots of compliments. His timing was great and he didn't even need his book! He loves the piano, I never have to ask him to practice, if anything, I'm usually telling him "Ok, let's wrap it up" .
So lots going on, and lots more to come, the beach in July, maybe 2 times that month, Mexico, for our dives and I have to go see Grandma in St. George, lots of swimming, and popsicles, and B.B.Q's. Should be fun, hopefully we don't die of heat exhaustion! Bartel on his water skateboard
Co-co playing "Mermaid"- she plugs her nose like mommy!!
Annie...just being grouchy with a water snake
Bartel and his buddy "Zach" discussing treble Clefts?
So serious during his "Indian Song"
Ribbons from Miss Smith- good job boys!!


8 comments:

Coleen said...

Scuba lessons? Wow you are adventurous, but you will probably have some great excuses for amazing vacations.

laurdacooj said...

yea for summer! Anyone up for Scuba! ha ha! Good for you, your so so brave! So, were coming out this weekend, and were driving up thru the mountains out to Phoenix... and I was looking on weather.com, and Friday in CO it will be a high of 52 and Saturday in AZ it will be a high of 103! That is so crazy to me!! We'll have to get together for some fun this summer!

Ricki said...

Good job Bartel! Keep playing, the piano is an awesome instrument to learn. You are braver than me Randi, I don't know if I could go diving. I could go to Mexico though, no problem!

Torrie and the girls said...

I don't know what kind of power these boys have over us, I got scuba certified in Hawaii for the same reason! I think that ballroom lessons are definitely in order. Now that we'll all be certified we need to plan a fun vacay, anything past october and I'm good, have I ever told you how nice Hawaii is during the fall?

Katie said...

So glad Bartel is playing the piano. Good job at the recital, sounds and looks like! Great water pics!

Chelsey Howard said...

You are brave to do scuba lessons. I heard to get certified you have to dive at night? If that's true then that's a deal breaker for me (I'm a baby and not afraid to admitt it)! And congradulations to Bartell and his recital, he lookes very adorable:)

Jake & Rachel said...

I'm so jealous you're learning to scuba! I would love to someday, but Jake actually thinks its too dangerous! I never thought I would hear something like that from him. And Bartel is so cute with the piano! Let's see how long that lasts :)

Anonymous said...

so cute. your life is fun randi. i am glad bartel is doing lessons don't let him quit!