Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just on my mind

So while I was out and about today, I stopped at our local bakery to pick up a quick sandwich, a girls' gotta eat right? So I order a turkey sandwich on whole wheat to go. I'm going to eat half and drop off the rest to Bart. So my order is up, and I get my sandwich and head outside to the tables to eat because I got a phone call and didn't want to be rude inside talking. So I'm chatting and open my box up to eat. I take a bite it's a bit dry, well there's nothing on it. I finish talking and head inside the shop to get some condiments and cool off. At the counter, they have the usual, ketch, mustard, mayo. I all of the sudden get grossed out. I'm not a big fan of Mayo, if I have to have it I want just a tad. But I'd rather not have it. It's warm inside the bakery and the packets of mayo are just sitting on the counter. I feel a hurl on deck. Warm mayo....ugh. So I eat my sandwich and on the way home I keep thinking about the mayo and then I think about processed cheese. Cheese on a shelf....Does this seem abnormal to anyone else? My kids and Bart love squeeze cheese, they would squirt it into their mouth straight from the can if I let them. Bart likes velveeta sandwiches...ewe. I don't know why I'm so bugged about this today. I'm utterly grossed out. I may never eat a lick of mayo again.
Then on my way home I see a man driving a "Mazda Miata" now, from what I'm told there are a few cars that are not meant for men, the new volkswagon bug and the mazda miata. I don't know if this is common knowledge amongst all people perhaps it will be my next poll, but becase I was told about this "vehicular faux pau" that so many men make, I can't help but get bugged when I see a man driving one of these cars. And I get even more irritated, when I have to pass them because their going so slow in their "girly car", that by the way, I would drive much faster. Forgive me if your male loved ones drive one of these cars, but it has been engrained in my head that this is just not meant to be, I will forgive them if you will forgive me. Just don't let me catch them driving these cars...I will razz them. At least do them a favor and tell them of their wrong doing, protect those you love.

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Tricia once dated a boy who drove a miata and I still make fun on her. Loved the post

Fun talking to you yesterday. Miss you.

The Van Fam said...

haha that car story is pretty funny... michael always says that about those cars too