Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Confession...

SO it's Sunday morning. Sunday's are crazy around here and I'm guessing in most of your homes as well. We stayed out too late last night (9:30- I know real party animals) and you know the song about "Saturday"? It's a special day right? The day we get ready for Sunday? Well, the meaning of that song goes in one ear and out the other in our family. We always try to do too much on Saturday. And every Sunday morning it's the same conversation, "ok, no more date nights on Sat. Night, we're always late for church!" We have early church...No really, it's early. 8am. 8AM!!!!!

We are the family who's home looks like it was ransacked while they were at church but really, it was just us getting ready in a mad dash. Bart has meetings. Lots and lots of meetings on Sunday. I'm not complaining though. But, it's hard to get 3 kids ready in the morning by myself, especially when I procrastinate their showers, because I was on a date. And when I don't wash my hair the day before, it makes matters worse. Like this morning. ...... BArt was out of the house at 6:50am. I was rushing to get kids fed, bathed, blowdried, and dressed in their best. Then theres me. Last. Always last. I did get up and shower and dry my massive hair...takes awhile. then I got going on the kids. Bart calls from church at 7:50 "do you need help?".....long pause........"Well, I don't have time to chat, does that give a little hint?" ok, I didn't say that, I said " Ummm yeah I always need help" then I ran down my list of what I was doing at that very minuet, ending with "I can't talk I gotta go!!!" Well, Bart gets homw just in time to gather the children that I have prepared for him, and whisking them away to save us a seat in sacrament. At least one of us will look put together. So i hurry and put on my face....this may take awhile. I get dressed in "the same dress that you always wear mom!" (Co-co reminds me.) I run and get my primary bag and flip thru my lesson. I draw a few faces on paper as instructed by the manuel, so when you turn it one way it looks like a frown and when you flip it TADA! a happy face. I like the frown better right now. I write "Blessed are the Peacemakers" on more paper. My lesson will be great. I gather my treats for bribing my primary class into being reverent, and I'm ready to go. I head out the door. Oh, Silly me, I need keys!! Hmmm. Where are my keys? Keys where are you? This is a game Annie and I paly often when looking for her treasures. I can't find the keys. I check my purse, I double check where they should be hanging up, I check another purse, I check pant pockets. No keys. Bart is gone. I keep looking. I decide to clean while I look may as well be productive. 2 hrs. later...I'm here with a clean house typing on my blog...

Maybe I should of walked, it's not too far, but it's a little hot outside. Maybe I should of called for a ride? OH, that's right, everyone is at church! The house sure is quiet. I wonder how sacrament went with 3 kids all alone. Hee, Hee. Ok, I feel a little bad for him, but I can't help but think he has my keys!!!!! He does this a lot! I bet you anything he has my keys!!! because he talked about taking my car earlier!! He probably grabbed them then when I said no take your car, he forgot to leave them. I wonder if he even notices that I'm not there. And what about my primary class?!...Great now, I'm going to owe someone treats for sitting with my class...even though it's not my fault. I know your thinking.....what about a spare key? Yeah that would work if Bart hadn't already lost those too. If I am wrong and he doesn't have them I will gladly admit it and print a retraction. Keep watching for more details as the saga of my life continues.........



TO BE CONTINUED..........

7 comments:

Levi H. said...

This sounds like a common excuse Randi... how long do you think Bart will buy it for?

Coleen said...

I would have picked you or the very least kept you company ;)

Jake & Rachel said...

SO, did Bart have the keys??

Maury said...

What an entertaining story! Did he have the keys?

I hunted down your blog from Lisa's page... It was so nice to meet you the other day!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Sounds like you were meant to stay home. Wow! That is quite the story. IT kind of made me tired just reading it. Well, it's good for husbands to handle the kids by themselves every once in a while. When Brian has to load up the kids in the car he always asks if I am going to help him. IT's funny because I do it like 5 times per day all on my own!

The Smith's said...

Thats funny. Steven takes mine out of the car all the time and they are usually in the hamper in the last pair of pants that he wore. It drives me nuts.

Katie said...

We really try to keep our keys on the designated hooks. Doesn't always work, though. Funny story! I made about 4 copies of my car key when I locked myself out once. Too cautious??? lol!! ~Katie