Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day

So Fathers Day this year was fairly quiet and relaxed. We pretty much just spent the day at home. I wanted to make it as relaxing for Bart as possible, but if you know my husband then you know, he's never relaxed unless he's asleep....
So we have 8am church right? Well The night before Bart asks if we need to set the alarm. Silly Bart, I'm a mom, I have a built in alarm. I'm going to wake up as soon as it's light out and make him a wonderful breakfast, then get the kids ready and go to church where they will sit perfectly during sacrament meeting while taking notes. Then my sharing time lesson will go exactly as planned. My class will behave and be reverent and I will receive a standing ovation for my spiritual and highly entertaining presentation. They will name me "Primary Teacher of the year". When we get home, I will gather my children around my husband while we shower him with perfectly wrapped gifts after which, I will proceed to feed him a delectable lunch on our finest china. After a quick massage, I will insist that he lay down for an hour or two, and catch up on some ZZZZ's afterall, he's such a busy guy, and today he has no meetings!!. When he wakes, surprise Dinner is ready!! It's divine, he's so full he needs a furniture dolly to move to the couch. He showers me with praise, I blush "it's nothing Dear, thanks for all you do for us." He says, "This is the best Father's Day ever!" Mission accomplished.... As if. I'm not that sweet! Apparently 3 hrs of church is a little too much for Annie!
Bartel and Co-co informed me while I was making dinner, that they were the "Food Police" who knew they reall exist?
The Happy Father in bed for lunch.
Extreme close-up of the kid's sweet wrapping skills.
" I Love being a Dad!!!"....(and my wife is hot!)...ok, I added that part.


4 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

Bart is so spoiled! Look at all those presents! He's a lucky guy to have you guys as a family!!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Cute! He is a good Dad and you ar righ...you are a hot wife-what a pair!!! Miss you guys! Hey by the way it's time for another PA visit you know????

DeAnn McWhorter said...

oops there are some typos...it's 1110pm I guess I should go to bed.

Chelsey Howard said...

It sound like Bart had a great father's day:) We didn't really do anything. Trevor did get a nap and my mom cooked a big dinner and Trevor bought his own gift. I guess I got off easy:)