Monday, June 30, 2008

Diet Schmiet...

Food Glorious Food

We grow it. We prepare it. We pray over it. We dream about it. We get giddy thinking about it. We celebrate with it. We send our condolences with it. We live on it. We over indulge in it. We feel guilty about eating it. We feel guilty about wasting it. We need it. We love it.

What is it about food that makes us so happy and attracted to it? Is it the vast variety? The endless ways of preparing it? The many taste sensations? The different textures? The array of colors? The unlimited aromas? Is it that feeling of fullness, when you just can’t eat one more bite, for fear you may pop the buttons on your favorite jeans? Is it the sense of security? The warm fuzzy feeling you get when you’ve just eaten that decadent piece of double chocolate cake, and you know that everything will be alright? Whatever the reason, it always keeps us coming back for more. Oh how I love my food….Dang it.

I cheated on my diet and I"m actually ok with that. We are having a big family feast tonight with Shrimp Tacos, CAfe Rio like chicken tacos, spicy avocado ranch dressing, carribbean black beans and rice, chips & salsa, corn on the cob, salad, monkey pie (courtesy of co-co) and a weight watchers cake (courtesy of De Ann) heavens knows we'll need it after this feast...but will it really help? Probably not. Moderation in all things...Moderation in all things.....
Look for recipes for this great buffett soon on, is this made with love? (the answer is yes, by the way.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang it now i know how much fun you guys are having without me. I am almost...wait in tears now. Seriously! I miss you guys so much!

The Smith's said...

I need to be invited to that feast. That sounds yummy and tonight I am having diet food. I would much rather cheat.

Katie said...

The black beans sound really good! Glad I said "to heck with diets" a long time ago...oh yeah. That was when I was pregnant. Now I'm not. Now I have to get back into shape (aka diet)so I can get pregnant/fat again. Up side? NO DIETS!!! yeah!!! Looking forward to the recipes!

Lisa Harris said...

Rach told me about your new diet. I was scared for you. Really, I was. Let's all forget about diet's that will most likely screw up our metabolism and just be cautious what goes in our mouth:) Easier said than done, I know.

Coleen said...

Okay, I have a new book for you that will change your thoughts on food. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. If you don't have it by beach week I will bring mine.

Angela said...

I am cracking up at your Sunday saga!! That totally would happen to me! Gotta love 8 am church...NOT! Hey the gourmet dinner sounds yummy!! Can't wait to see the recipes!!

Chelsey Howard said...

K you are the last person that needs to worry about what they eat! you could eat fudge everyday all day and nothing else and you would probably loose weight!

Debbie said...

Thanks for having us all over. We had a great time!