Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another one bites the dust....

SO last night, I was at Chalon's house. We had our boys practicing with the pitching machine (they have a game tonight,and might I add that Bartel did very well) So Chalon, Alysan and I contribute to making dinner for everyone (I brought icecream sandwiches....shocking and so unlike me, it was one of those days..) So I get my plate of food ready, when Chalon says "hey you should bring food over to BArt" he's across the street, oh great idea, so I go and bring him food, chat for a minuet and then back to Chalons. Well by the time I got back, the party had moved outside and the girls were watching the boys hit. So I grabbed my loaded plate of salad and chicken, and head on out the door. "COme over here and sit" yells Chalon who is on the teeter-totter. Apparently it has a pin that can be stuck in it so you can sit without fear of launching the other person in the air or worse falling to your embarrassment to the hard ground.....So I the trusting person I am, say ok. I do a gradual sit as if to make sure it's steady and once again I am reassured by Chalon.."it's ok sit" well, I sat all right, all the way down to the ground with a hard thud, my plate of lettuce and chicken went flying and the next thing I know I'm on my back and trying to be ladylike in my sun dress because the men and boys were directly across from me hitting balls. I haven't laughed so hard in my life, Alysan took one look at us, hearing all the commotion, and was on the ground laughing, and I like an idiot just laid there with food all over. I think it 's safe to say that the pin was not securing the teeter-totter afterall. Is anyone really surprised by this though? I mean really.....This is my life.

5 comments:

laurdacooj said...

you are so funny! I love reading your blogs, they crack me up...I think part of the funniness of it all is how much so many things remind me of myself!! One of these times when I come down to Arizona, we are going to have to hang out!

rvan said...

Any time Laurel!!! I would love that!! TO finally meet you would be an honor!!! Please let me know when you are in town again! And I'll let you know if we ever get a wild hair and come to colorado, ok? Hey how are Megan and Betsy doing?

Chelsey Howard said...

Seriously how does all this stuff happen to you?! I love you Randi

Lisa Harris said...

Don't be sad. Bon Jovi is good looking man.

The Van Fam said...

Hey Randi thanks for the bday gift! Michael brought it to me today. Thanks that is so sweet of you. I have yours too so one of these days I will bring it to you...