Thursday, August 28, 2008

Project Update....

so I know it looks like I've been busy and all, but really these projects have been in this stage for awhile, and I don't feel the need to complete any of them any time soon. That being said I thought I'd at least update you on what I  have accomplished thus far....Not a whole lot...


so the girls bathroom still needs lots of love...Contertops, new paint etc. I did make this box that turned out so cute awhile ago. It was intended for hair accessories...it sits empty....unlike me.

If you remember, this room was a lovely lavendar shade. It is now a light gray and I intend to wall paper the bottom half with "Exchangeable Wall Paper" from Sherwinn Williams. No I am not their spokesgirl, I just thought you'd like to know that wallpaper doesn't have to be permanent for those of you who love to change it up with patterns (you know who you are). I am thinking of going with a black and white Damask print for the lower half of the wall. i really want my moulding to stand out and I think that will do the trick. 
Another view...the closet and vanity I have yet to paint or decoupage haven't decided yet....

This little shelf I found at the GoodWill. I painted and sanded and stained and voila, it was worthy for my room and perfect for displaying bric a brac....

Another view, across from bed, I want to display cute fabric in the middle black frame...just haven't done it yet. I found this little victorian couch at an estate sale down the street, i love it. It's the perfect size for my little bum....riiiiight.

Now these I did the other day. I've just been home pretty much not feeling like doing much, but still feeling like I should be doing something other then eating or snuggling with Annie. So I was at anthropology the other day and saw that they had covered wooden hangers with fabric of all sorts. So that is what I am doing. I am switching over to wooden hangers, all together. I know I've gotten them from the past for pretty cheap at Ikea, I'm giving Bart my plastic hangers-hee hee and I'll take the pretty ones. Do you really think he'll care? Or even notice? I bet he'd notice more if I hung his clothes on these bad boys, I'm sure I'd get a lecture about tainting his masculinity. If that's a word.....
My girls share this bed...It's kind of a pain, they wake each other up...Everynite.....Then they wake me up....everynite.... They claim they are scared. How can you be scared in this Feminine Wonderland?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I love that room! The Demask will look great in there, and I love the little drawers you made that's such a brilliant idea! I, too, am having issues with my girls sleeping through the night while sharing a room, but in the same bed would be even tougher!! Love the victorian couch!!! You have great taste Randi!

Chelsey Howard said...

You are crazy, that's a lot of projects. Now I know why I never am crafty (other than the fact that I'm not creative) Because I hate to start something and not finish it! You need to get your girls twin beds, cause sleep is a must especially if you are prego and not feeling good!

Katie said...

Beautiful room! I love the huge butterfly sitting on the couch. Looks like it decided to land there for tea! Also, how did you make the box of drawers in the bathroom? Also, CONGRATS on the baby!

Anonymous said...

how fun! you are very creative, i can't believe you are doing all of that while you are prego (i am so excited)! Anyway that is so fun that nana and coco are sharing rooms, i miss them so much! I lov the damask, i am planning on wallpapering one wall in my guest bathroom...good minds think alike! love ya

The Van Fam said...

cute projects!! You are one busy woman! And I am not quite sure what to say about your last post. Being prego is so tough but its worth it in the end! I do have to say I don't miss the cravings and being sick though!

Rachelle Urness said...

I love them! You need to come to my house and help me! You are amazing!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Fun. The room looks great. OK, I know you were talking about me with that un-permanent wall paper. It's ok I am not offended. I know who I am! You did such a good job and now you need a break at the Hershey Spa! You know, I haven't forgotten. I NEVER FORGET ANYTHING (I hope you are laughing...I know I have tendency to scare you)! Love you!!!