Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crazy Prego Lady...

So I'm about to share too much information with all of you. And the reason I am doing this is so that you will no longer think I am perfect. I am an average Joe...or Jane. Ok, so I never let on that I was perfect but I want you to know I am not above sharing my short comings with you.. 

It all started Friday.......
I was feeling pretty crummy. And I was starving.. I then remembered that I had boiled some eggs the other day was wanting to make an egg salad sandwich..I know, I know, it's sounds disgusting!! But I so wanted it. Mayo and mustard and curry powder and I was all set. I had my soft unhealthy white bread. MMmmmm. Well, for some reason I was able to eat the whole thing. I have not be able to eat much at all, A few bites and I'm full and feeling sick. But not today, I ate it and it was soo good. And my stomach was still growling!!! No way I thought I just pounded down that whole sandwich..."Feed me" came my inner voice. Well, I'll make another one and take a bite or two and save the rest. One sandwich later I had finished my second!!! I sat in awe of myself. Holy Cow Girl!! So I'm defineitly satisfied now..
15 mins. Later I wasn't feeling so good. Oh, no here comes the sandwich(es)... I make it to the hall bathroom and to the toilet. Up it comes. And at the same time...I tinkle. Oh, no here comes more sandwich...I quickly pulled off my pants because I have to wear them later for the ward campout I reluctantly agreed to go on, and here comes the other sandwich full force along with the 32 oz. of water I had drank earlier. I was soaked and I am squating in the biggest puddle of pee-pee that Annie would of for sure gotten in trouble for if she had done it, and it was so abundant that it ran over to where I tossed my pants and soaked them anyway.... I was ticked and wet. So I'm laying on a dry part of the floor when guess who walks in the door? "what are you doing? are you ok?" asks Bart....."I'm sick and I know there is a big puddle of pee-pee, I'll clean it up in a second" "Oh, my gosh you have got to get that taken care of... what should I do?"
First of all, thanks for the advice I'll make a note of it...Second of all.."I'm not going to have you clean up my pee you sicko"......

Three hours or so later..... I'm all cleaned up and we have our tent and clothes and we're ready to go camping. Well we leave later then planned and we have to stop for food for dinner before we get up to the mountains because to be honest I can't wait that long. So we stop at my favorite pregnancy fast food...TacoBell. I love it, I crave it everyday, I know the people at the drive thru. I just say my name and then "The usual" and I"m good to go. I'm feeling daring so I decide to stray from my usual crunchy taco supreme and go for the gusto....The DOUBLE DECKER TACO...I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it. The kids are stinkers and hate TacoBell but they order nachos supremes, all 3 of them. I'm thinking this is good because I'm sure there are bound to be leftovers, Bart's not hungry and heaven forbid I run out of food. So we get the prized food. We're traveling along and I'm getting everyone else set up and by the time I get to mine Bartel is handing me his saying he doesn't want anymore. It's like he only took 2 bites! YES!! So, he's handing it up to me with the lid on and I grab it thinking the lid is on only to find out it's an illusion. The lid pops off and nachos go flying all over the console of Bart's truck, down between the console and my seat, on my purse and all over the floor. Nacho cheese, ground beef (so they say), beans, tomatoes, and sour cream, and don't forget the chips everywhere. I was ticked...again. But mostly because I wanted those stupid nachos and now they were completely wasted!! And Bart who "wasn't hungry" had already eaten the girl's leftovers while I was cleaning up the mess. The NERVE!!!
Next Day... It's Saturday now (and again we stop by tacobell on our way home...no nachos this time) and we get home from our fun filled camp out under the stars, and I know I have to run to the store because we are feeding the Missionaries tonight and I can't take them out, because I did that last time....I go to the store and get what I need. I'm home and I'm starving and I know I have 3 hours until dinner and that's like 3 years in pregnancy time. So I know I need something to hold me over. So I had just bought lunch meat and yummy bread and decide to make a sandwich..just a half this time! SO I make it..turkey and mustard on 9 grain bread...mmm. I'm eating it slower this time while I put groceries away. I have about 2 good bites left, that by the way I'm well aware of, when I am in the fridge putting some things away. And Bart, good man that he is comes in the kitchen to help. I'm buzzing around and then go to the spot of my sandwich to finish off those last few glorious bites. Only when I get there it's gone. The whole plate. Did I move it? I look around and I yell "Bart did you throw away (or worse) eat my sandwich?" "Honey, it was almost gone so I tossed it" If there was a prize for crying on cue I would have gotten it right then. Instant tears and quivering lip..."Oh shoot, honey, I didn;t know, here it's right here it's just on a wrapper not even touching anything" he says as he's pulling my beloved sandwich out of the trash. Even when I'm not pregnant I'm aware of a bite or two that's left on my plate, it just feels unfinished like I forgot to do something, even if I don;t want it I know it's there. I don't know what happened. My poor husband felt like a creep for tossing out what appeared to him as dry crust. Go ahead say it... I'm out of control. I know it too. These dang pregnancy hormones are so powerful I can;t help it. So there you have it, now you can all feel better about yourselves after reading this. Your Welcome.

10 comments:

Coleen said...

Come over right now and I will make you a sandwich. Pregnancy is not for the faint of heart. I feel like I am eating and growing all day long. Its all worth it in the end :) Love your humor. Have a great week.

Sherece said...

I'm not so sure it gets better even after you have the baby...I was fine while my mom was here, but the day she left and ever since I have been a wreck! I can cry about anything...so my baby is 3 weeks old tomorrow and I am hoping my horomones go bck to normal sometime in my lifetime!

Jake & Rachel said...

Randi, you are too funny! You always talk like you're this huge hippo, but you're one of the most petite people I know! I'm sure you look great pregnant too, judging by your pictures, I don't feel too bad for you! Except of course for the throwing up, and peeing, and Bart eating/throwing away your food. Nevermind, I guess you do have it pretty rough! :)

Classicphotos said...

The Bennett's are so excited for you I hope you feel better soon I love you guys!!! Aunt Cheri

Chelsey Howard said...

Poor Randi! I know you feel like a crazy person when your pregnant. I have a theory, you are either sensative and cry when you are pregnant, or you are very irratable and cranky. I am the later:( So you may be sensative, but at least your sweet:) I hope you are feeling good, the first 3 months or so are no fun.

Andrea said...

Too funny! It's dinner time and you totally made me hungry for Taco Bell, which I usually only crave a couple times a year! Thanks :} I hope you start holding stuff down better, those first months are rough with the nausea, but then later months are tough with ciatica. I know, gave you something to look forward to, huh?!

Anonymous said...

randi, randi randi,
i just got in trouble with Matt because he is trying to study and i am in his office on his labtop reading your blog cracking up....you are so cute....i miss you and i am so glad you are prego

Emily said...

I seriously wet my pants every day this pregnancy. It's ridiculous.

Jamie Sue said...

hey this is kyle bug. u poor thing!and dont worry i would have been really mad too.if it makes you feel better. thats happend to me twice.first,dakota did the same thing to me except it was the last piece of pizza that id been craving for an hour.Second, i dropped my hot dog and in a blink of an eye it was in Lady's mouth and she was off. Dang dog senses.well yours is worse.you win, sorry:)

DeAnn McWhorter said...

I love you Randi. You are the best because you are real. You have such a great way of putting things! The baby will be worth it. And just think of the calories you saved by puking up those egg salad sandwiches...they are like 8 points each!!! I know I'm bad!