Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back in town...

What a busy month July was for us Vans. It seemed to have just flown by, (thank heavens, one month closer to cooler weather....and school starting...did I say that out loud? Believe me, they are just as eager to start as Iam!) So we Camped in Heber, Az for the Fourth of July where the weather was much cooler so much in fact, it hailed huge marbles on us! It was crazy, especially since earlier in the day we were rolling up our shorts and sleeves to get a tan!

Then of course there was Disney land which I already blogged about who could forget Jack Sparrow! Then we had California (my favorite place!) and the beach for a whole week! We rented a beach house with our dear friends the Bryans, for the second time now, and just had a blast. Bart drove us out there then flew home and was back to work while I was lounging on the beach and reading and eating "Cow Cookies"....Don't worry they were meatless... Then he so lovingly flew back out on our final day and drove us back home. What a guy!! I sure love him.
We had so much fun we seriously did not want to come home. I know what your thinking..." why wouldn't you want to come home to 110 degree weather, chores, errands, real life etc...." Oh well, it had to end sometime right? But at least we got out of the heat for a bit. The Grandma Kimmy, came out for a few days to play with us here. I'm sorry to report she didn't get to escape the heat of St. George by coming to AZ. But We're worth it right? So we are actually ready for a schedule again, School starts next week, tonight is "meet your teacher" night, and Co-co is taking her first piano lesson as we speak! Thats my girl! Well, actually I never took piano.... My best friend Sherece tried to teach me, but everytime she came over we always seemed to find something else to do, like ....giggle and talk about boys...Good times!! Hanging with the Elders
Daddy and the kids at the pier in San Luis A Bispo?
Grandma came for a quick visit, she wanted to read to the kids but not without her reading glasses, so of course Annie had to get hers out too!
Farmers Market in Moorpark Ca, Bart was a good sport for posing as a horse, and I was fine with it as long as I wasn't the pig!!
Camping in Heber, Az at the local 4th of july parade that was mostly real estate advertisers and political candidates driving cars....Fun, Fun!

Annie almost took off Barts head with this hit! I was so impressed! Must be my genes!
Wiped out, Daddy makes a cuddly bed...don't tell him I said that!! (love you Bart)
Bartel is part merman, I'm sure of it. He was in the water just about the whole trip, I'm certain if we had, had a raft he would of wanted to sleep on it...well scratch that, the whole shark thing would probably of inhibited him.


So proud of their sand castle!
Repeat...I haven't mastered editing my posts yet...I don't want to talk about it...

Yes this is proof, I did help and I was there not just behind the camera, I have the sunburns to prove it! Well, I'm peelin a bit now..TMI sorry.


Oh, how sweet. Are they so happy to be at the beach together as a family?
NO, of course not, this is my new form of punishment, time out with a hug. They hate it. And the more they complain the longer the hug. Believe me 3 mins seems like forever to an 8 yr. old hugging his sister. Co-co doesn't mind it as much..
My beautiful Chloe....




Go fly A KITE!
And she did!!! She was so Happy!!! But when she was done I got stuck holding it...for a very long time.
This is what little 6 year old girls do to their little sister when mom isn't around. And boy did Annie flaunt herself..I don't know where she gets that from?...No seriously I really don't....I swear it's not me. I feel like your judging me now!






5 comments:

The Van Fam said...

Geez you guys have been busy, all the pictures are too cute! I love Annies little swim suit! And tell Bart thanks again for helping Michael ALL last saturday! I know it was so much work but our family room is a million times cooler now!

Chelsey Howard said...

I am judging you Randi, I know you go around town flaunting yourself (lol):) Fun summer vacations:) Co Co's hair is so long!!!! And I love the whole time out with a hug, too cute:) p.s. I heard you should be posting an announcement?!

Andrea said...

Too funny! Looks like such a fun trip. I've gotta try the hugging thing, in fact, right now, I hear screaming ;)

Katie said...

Ok, Josiah's mom used to make him sit close on the piano bench with his brother until they would hug, kiss and say sorry. Torture to two little boys! I think it worked, though! GREAT pics!

Anonymous said...

i miss you guys...ALOT!