Thursday, August 21, 2008

Recent Developments...

Ok, I guess I've been beating around the bush about this one. I've been getting some eyebrow raising comments and I guess I can't prolong it anymore. We are having another baby! Yes, we are excited, and yes, I'm getting chubby and feeling sick around the clock this time. Ummm, I get chubby every time, I've just never felt sick constantly before. We are about 10 weeks out, with a very long way to go, MArch has never seemed so far away... I am excited to not be prego during the summer like in every time past. I'm glad I can cover up more because of the cold...If you can believe it gets cold here...which it doesn't.
Anyhow, my kids are excited We are hoping for a boy, but we'll obviously take what we get. Bartel has already begun calling the baby "Tommy" I've reminded him several times that we are not using that name, I pretty much give him a dirty look every time he calls my stomach "tommy". And the other day he said it when a friend was over and she said "Oh, Bartel do you like that name?" His reply.. "no, I just know it bugs my mom"....Please tell me this stage will end soon?

So that's the big news, hopefully all will go well we had our first ultra sound last week and there was one healthy heartbeat. In some strange and twisted way I was hoping he was going to tell me there was twins and that's why I'm so big...But no, I'm just big as always and secretly grateful that there is only one. 

12 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

Yay, we are SUPER excited!! And we desperately need another boy in fam, but girls are what we know best right? Either way it'll be just great!!!

Coleen said...

Glad to hear the news is out. We are so happy. You are the best for being pregnant with me for the third time!

Today I had a Mom from school who saw me and said," Wow you are only twenty weeks...you must be that big because its your third." You have to love the comments.

Andrea said...

So exciting!! Bremen says it better be a boy, because we always seem to copy you guys in gender and Dane REALLY wants a brother...he also has a name for him, Bane (a mix of Dane & Bremen), and there is NO WAY that will be his name! Ah, these boys and there ideas!!

laurdacooj said...

Congratulations!!! Yea for you guys!!!!! We totally will let you know next time we come... or try to come out to Mesa- we'll party AZ style!

Jake & Rachel said...

Hey! Congratulations you guys! I was wondering about all that baby talk of yours ;) I hope the sickness wears off after soon, I know how much that stinks! I'm so excited for you!!

Rachel Ellen said...

If it's a boy then he can play with the boy my mom is having. Yep! She's having a boy. Everyone was crying and Sally even said she hated the baby. Everyone's sort of over it now. Oh well what can you do? Congrats! (even though I already knew).
Rachel

The Smith's said...

Congrats! That is exciting.

Anonymous said...

finally, i was waiting to hear on your blog. Randi lynn, i am the most excited of everyone! I cannot wait...i was always hoping that you would have lots of kids! they are so stinking cute...by the way the crib is at matts parents with the bedding...i need to just call you and yes i noticed you have not called me yet! love ya

Chelsey Howard said...

EWWW! You are NEVER big so that talk has gotta end! Cause when I see you all pregnant I know I will never want to have kids again, because your gonna look so great and I look something like a whale when I'm prego. But Yeah I'm excited for you guys:) That is so fun!!! And silly little Bartel, what are you gonna do?! And jenna is right you guys should have lots of kids cause you guys make such cute freking babies:)

Emily said...

Hi Randi,
Congratulations! I hear you on the feeling large stuff. I'm 15 weeks. I was hoping the doc would find twins, too, to justify my hugeness. Nope.
I started a family blog, but I made it private, so email me if you want to be invited. emykate03ATyahooDOTcom

Peifer Family said...

Here is my official congrats...I hope I didn't "out" you because of my comments...I thought everyone knew! You do have such cute kiddos and I'm sure this one will be adorable! Sorry that your feeling sick...that's just miserable. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

DeAnn McWhorter said...

You know all that talk for years...we are done...we are done...we are done. My mom secretly never believed it. Gosh why does she always have to be right??? Good job. I know it's hard to be pregnant! Especially when you have three (plus Bart) to take care of! It's worth it though. By October you will totally be deserving a trip to Hershey spa!!!