Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthday Boy!!!

I can't believe just 8 years ago we welcomed this sweet boy into our home. I am feeling a bit like a bad mom right now because I am in Florida and my Bartel is at home in Az, on his birthday! He is with his grandma and Opa, so that makes me feel alot better. Before I left we bought treats and goodie bags for his class to pass out, hopefully that will help him have a good day. when I was pregnant with Bartel I was hoping for a boy so bad. I wanted my kids to start out with a big brother, like the family i grew up in. I feel so blesssed to have this boy. He is such a good boy, he is a tease to his sister Coco no doubt, but he is a good boy. Bartel, if you read this I want you to know that I love you. You are exactly what I wanted and hoped for in a little boy. You are so sweet and kind hearted, and are always wanting to do the right thing. When you were much littler, and would get in trouble, you would always ask me with big tears in your eyes "am I a bad boy?" Never, that would just break my heart, you are always so afraid to disappoint me. But I think you are wonderful, and good. You are so sweet with Annie, you take so much abuse from her and you never get mad. I am so proud of you. I can;t wait until your baptism next week, it will be such a special day.  I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today and I promise we will party when I get back!!! Love you, love you, love you!!

9 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

What a handsome boy!! I can't believe it's been 8 years, where has the time gone? Give him a birthday squeeze for me (when you get back that is). Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh i love that boy

Torrie and the girls said...

We love having Bartel as part of the family. We still remember how giving he was at four years old when he insisted on sharing his toy cars with Levi and I. We still have the car, thanks Bartel. We hope you have a great birthday. If I could travel that far we would be there for your baptism, we're proud of you! we love you. love, Torrie, Levi and Emma

Classicphotos said...

Happy Birthday and cogratualations!! On getting Baptized.
Aunt Cheri will be thinking about you on that special day. I wish with all my heart that I could be there!!! Love you tons!!

Chelsey Howard said...

Happy birthday Bartel. He is a sweet boy:) I got all teary eyed reading what you wrote about him:)

Debbie said...

i love you mom! from bartel

Sherece said...

Well Bartel I remember when you were born...I also remember how I made your mother be my maid of honor when you were only 2 months old. If I knew what it were like to have a 2 month old, I would never have asked this of her!!!
Sherece

Andrea said...

Man, I could feel your emotions as I read that! Happy Bday Bartel!

Jake & Rachel said...

I can't believe Bartel is 8 now! Your kids are getting too big.
And I think we have 6 more 'parties' left :(