Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our weekend...

What a crazy busy weekend we had. Did I mention fun? and emotional? Oy.. So my brother inlaw Keith, had his mission farewell this past Sunday. So we had family galore come into town which was so fun. Bart's Aunt Chris and Uncle Larry came to stay with us along with their daughter in law and my friend, Rachel and her two sweet kids Eli and Brynn. It was so fun to have them here. And I think i found a new boyfriend in Eli. He kinda clung to me like saran wrap which of course, I loved. He is such a munch. I can't believe I didn't take one picture the entire time they were here!! Rachels kids are so cute, and I don't even have proof. Your just going to have to take my word for it. Anyhow, it was fun to have them here. We stayed up way too late visiting the heck out of each other, and eating left over hot lemon bar filling (Rachel how is your mouth?) from the lemon bars I made for the farewell party. Keith's talk was full of emotion, and testimony. What a guy that Keith is. He sure has grown up so much in the past few years. I know he will give his best in the mission field. We had to say good-bye today at the airport and I was a wreck. But he was too so I didn't feel so bad. Watching KEith say good-bye to Debbie, was probably the hardest thing. It made me realize just how fast time goes. I was just a Keiths baptism, it seems like and now he's serving a mission. Bartel just got baptized, and before I know it he's going to be gone too. I"m thankful for good examples like Keith and Bart and Michael, and my brothers. I know I am going to have a hard time letting go when my time comes but, I'm fortunate enough to have a testimony of the gospel to know that serving a mission is what Heavenly Father wants his sons to do. It was so sweet to see the little nieces and nephews of Keith crying when he was set apart as a missionary and then at the airport. They really love their Uncle Keith.
So I've been puffy,stuffy, and headachey all day from tears, I'm quite a sight actually. Hopefully I will de-puff by tomorrow......Good Luck in Brazil Keith, we love you!!

6 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Keiths talk really was awesome!! It's been a long time since I've been to a sacrament where I felt the spirit so strong! I saw Debbie later that day and she was so sad:( But Keith will do awesome!

Jake & Rachel said...

Randi, it was so much fun to stay with you guys!! Thank you so much, you are the sweetest hostess. I'm bummed I didn't take any pictures either! So unusual for me. Eli misses you VERY much, the first couple days home he kept asking for you, and even called you Randi. When we drove away, he kept saying, "Bye Randi!!" for almost a half hour. It was hilarious.

Jake & Rachel said...

ohh, and my mouth is finally recovered, the filing was well worth the pain though :)

Andrea said...

That's so neat, but I'm so bummed I missed it all, it sounds like it was a great weekend. Mom & Rach had so much fun with you guys!
Uncles are the greatest examples for kids, Josh was the same way for my kids and now Bremen's brother Joe is an awesome missionary example for them too. We are blessed, you & I, that we don't have to try to be the sole good example. Miss you guys!

Kaylee said...

I think you should post the yummy lemon bars recipe. I love lemon bars!!

Kristi said...

My favorite part of the weekend were the deserts you made yummy!