Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh Man!!

So Saturday afternoon, was a rough one. Bart was at a youth activity at the lake, I was trying to clean house and rally the troops to help by offering payment for their hard work. Bartel complied and was more then happy to do his share for money. Coco was motivated for about 5 mins until she realized she had to actually finish a chore to get credit for it. So she became "ill" and was confined to her bed the rest of the day. So Bartel did her chores for her money. And I ended up cleaning her room with a trash bag. She was not happy. I didn't throw anything away, but it's she has a serious time out from toys for awhile. then there was Annie. She had no desire to help in any way, not surprising. She pretty much whirled and twirled and pulled out more stuff while I cleaned. As the day progressed, I was getting frustrated with Coco, who miraculously  was healed from her ailment but still wouldn't help out. So I'm cleaning the kitchen and Annie is on the counter and we're chatting, and I notice that a big hunk of hair is cut very blunt on the side. I am staring in disbelief, and I'm almost afraid to ask what i'm sure I already know. "Annie did you cut your hair" she is a little hesitant. And in her broken english tells me more or less "yes, with scissors" . I'm sick. I was just bragging to friends a few weeks ago that I have never had hair cutting issues with my girls!! This can't be happening. But I am grateful that it isn;t right in front like a punk rocker cut. Coco has just been talking nonstop about cutting her hair so Annie was just showing her how to get it done i guess. So I'm upset and take her into my room and she's aware that I'm upset, and I start crying (pregnancy) and I'm cuddling her and I'm crying her and asking her "why did you cut your hair Annie?" She replies " I want to be beautiful" I cry harder. I worry my almost 3 yr. old has self esteem issues..." You are beautiful" I say between sobs. She's crying now too.  So when Bart gets home I give him the run down on all he missed. I get to Annie's hair and my lip quivers again, and Annie says "don't cry anymore mom" So I suck it up for her sake. "It's not that bad" Bart says. "Just leave it". As if. So Sunday Morning I'm telling Annie we're going to make her hair beautiful and cut it. She's not happy. "Don't cut my hair mom" is repeated more then once. I have no choice. I can't let her go to church like this. Now she's crying. I reassure her it will be beautiful like a princess. She's not buying it. I finish and get her into the bath for a quick shampoo, we blow dry, and then the final result...She loves it. And she points out that we have "same, same hair" Oh joy, just like Katie Holmes and Suri.... I'm still sick....and throwing away all my scissors. "Annie, we never, never, never, cut our hair right?"   "Nope, never, never, never." Then she see's Bart trimming around his ears. "Daddy cuts his hair"....great.
P.s Coco is bugged that Annie's hair got cut before hers....I can't make anyone happy.
Her locks of love i had to cut...sniff, sniff.
Back side...sniff,sniff
Final product....don't look to close Jenna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is so cute on her!! i love it, and i am impressed that you could fix that! how bad was the initial cut that annie did? that was a lot of length...but don't worry so cute! i love it. even if annie was bald she would still be the cutest thing ever!

Torrie and the girls said...

I think you did a fantastic job! I agree with Jenna, annie or any of your kds could be bald and they would still be adorable. it is hard when those first hairs fall, I am waiting for the day that emma does that to herself or worse to charlotte!

Andrea said...

Too funny! I love the cut...you did a great job! I've been thinking of doing the same cut on Lily.
I almost threw away all of my scissors too after an incident. Only it involved Lexi with kids scissors and Dane's EAR! Thank goodness Bremen could stitch it up on the spot! Kid's scissors, can you believe that?!
It felt good to laugh outloud at the Katie Holmes/Suri comment!!

Sherece said...

This reminds me of times when we would trim our bangs and pluck our eyebrows...all too often not turning out as we hoped! Good thing it grows back!

Kristi said...

She looks adorable. Ginger thinks so too!

Chelsey Howard said...

I think it looks so adorable!!! You are good at cutting hair, I give you props! I will never cut my kids hair, even my boys, its too scary!!

Katie said...

Good job! I keep thinking about how sad it'll be the first time I or somebody else cuts Georgie's hair. It's going to be so sad!!! You have such cute kids!