Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bored.....

So I changed my blog colors. I've never really changed them and so I guess this is a result of having nothing else to do, so expect a new color maybe tomorrow? Also I will probably be blogging a whole lot more about nothing since I am just sitting here existing...

If anyone has some suggested books to read that would be great. I just finished "The Glass Castle" another memoir I loved it, and highly recommend it. I also have been working on "my sisters keeper"? I think that's what it is, I also read "the five love languages"by Gary Chapman and have discovered my own special language is not what I expected it to be....Curious? I will tell you what the languages are and you can guess for yourself my love language and my secondary language because it was a close second. And I actually got Bart to take the test and I discovered that his love language too was a shocker for me. I thought I knew him. I have been talking to him in a foreign language for the past 11 years!! But anyhow, this test is supossed to help you speak the language of your spouse to better serve and communicate with them. We did good for about a week..... Ok, here are the languages in random order:

1. Words of Affirmation (compliments, notes, etc..)
2. Acts of Service
3. Physical Touch (not just you know what, but a touch on the arm, playing with your hair etc..)
4. Gifts
5. Quality Time 

Some of these are easier to do for your spouse then others, but whatever their language is, that is what makes them respond best to you so for best results, learn their language. Not your language, theirs. Read the book it's not too long and it's very informative too. Plus you might just get a week or two of your language spoken to you. Ok, boring. I sound like I'm trying to be all knowing and seriously we all know I'm not. 
So while on my vacation from life, I have discovered online...."wheel of Fortune" and it's free, did anyone else know about this? I'm going to try to look for "Jeopardy" next I love trivia. I just know I'm going to end up in my recliner as an old person who schedules their entire evening around Alex Trebec and that glorious Jeopardy theme music. I have so much to look forward too! Alright my therapy session will now come to an end. I am so bored!!! I should start knitting or something but, it never fails that as soon as I get up to go potty, I come back and my mind is blank as to what I was just doing and how it is to be done. I hate that. And that's not from pregnancy that is all me. I have other talents right?

8 comments:

Whatever said...

The "Five Love Languages" is a great book. Elana and I have both read that one and i really learned alot about how to speak her language. "The Ultimate Gift" is a great book, so is "The Centurion Princples" There are other ones if you want more choices, let me know.

Ricki said...

I really need to get that love language book. I might as well be speaking Clingon! So, I have some books that I love to share:
-Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent (this is so good, even if you're not into the midwife thing)
-These is My Words by Nancy Turner (fictional diary of a tough Arizona Settler chick)
-Austenland by Shannon Hale (really cute spoof on Jane Austen addicts, and a great love story of course)

laurdacooj said...

you poor thing! I feel your pain... I went stir crazy with my last pregnancy. Russ would call me from work to make sure I was still laying down (I was on bed rest from 20 weeks) because it is so hard and boring! I'm sorry... maybe one of these days I'll get down to Phoenix and surprise you with some yummy treats and some good girly magazines and books and movies:)
Good luck & hang in there! You are a great mommy to do this for your sweet baby!!!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

You are so funny!

Jamie Sue said...

I'm gonna guess your love language is Quality Time, with Words of Affirmation as the close second. As for Bart....hmmmm........how bout Acts of Service. Let me know how I did? And good luck with the whole bedrest thing.

Jake & Rachel said...

We have an old school Wheel of Fortune video game! It's so fun. You plug it into the front of the TV and spin a wheel. It was only like $10 at Target but we used to play all the time with Bremen and Andrea. So I just finished Marley and Me, it was cute, but I'm not so sure it's your type of book since you aren't exactly a dog person...I loved The Space Between Us, Sanditon, and Darcy's Story.

Andrea said...

My friend read The Five Love Languages that deals with kids (I thought it was for your children, maybe it was just the same as the one you read) and she loved it....I gotta read those! Rach is right, those plug in games are fun. Our favorite is Ms. Pacman...Bremen is the master of it and it comes with a few other games on it too.

Andrea said...

If you're bored you need to get on facebook...it's addicting. I totally did this long tag on it and was planning on tagging you (it would give you something to do ;) but then I noticed you're not on there!!!?? You better join, it would be fun to have you on there!!