Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flash Back....

who the heck said it was ok, to wear this tight fitting lounge dress home from the hospital? I still look prego! Of course, no one bothered to tell me I'd still have a tummy after giving birth, I thought "baby out, tummy goes down"... By the looks of me I was severley wrong..And don't even get me started on my hair...

Yes, this is the face of pain I didn't have my drugs yet, and I wanted them bad......

So sick from the pre-epidural medicine, if they offer it pass.

Big Girl's don't cry, I'm not gonna do it, but I wanted too..DOn't I look cute?




The final result...Bartel.
So I found these "gems" on my computer and thought they were too fun not to share. Sing it with me "Memories"!!! So this was my most miserable delivery so far. I was so sick and water logged it was horrible. I was puking my guts out the whole time during pushing and then I couldn't focus on my new baby until noon the next day, from being so sick. Then to make matters worse, I was on an I.V ALL NIGHT and when Bart came to see me the next day he walked in the room then straight out again and left to call my mom to tell her this...."I don't want to alarm you, but you are not going to recognize Randi When you see her..." MOM : "Bart I'm going to recognize my own daughter." Mom arrives with Bart in tow. I can't see well, but I can see a look of concern mixed with love. My mom acts natural, and I complain that I can't really see them very good. Well that's because I'm so full of fluids my eyes were just tiny slits, I could barely see out of. I left the hospital weighing more then when I went in....I was ticked. But I did pee-pee off 25lbs. in 2 weeks. That was awesome...I wish I had better pics of my after birth face, and body, you would die. I was very fluffy. We actually made a game out of pushing holes in my legs and seeing just how long they would last there. Good Times. I love you Bartel, I blame you of course for making me look so pillsbury like, but I do love you..





12 comments:

The Smith's said...

Oh you are brave. I dont think I will even show my kids the pictures of me in the hospital. I am unrecognizable from about 36 weeks until 2 or 3 weeks after. I too get massively swollen in the hospital and HATE the IV's. I feel your pain and will cry for you when you deliver.

Jamie Sue said...

Hah! I thought the same thing about not having a tummy after you deliver. Those first 2 weeks are so frustrating, cause nothing fits except your maternity clothes, but you don't want to wear them anymore, cause you're not prego anymore. The whole thing just sucks. Thanks for posting this--it's good birth control! hehe

Torrie and the girls said...

I know all about the constant throwing up and the stupid IV's... I threw up violently all nine months with Emma and continued until the day after I delivered. and the IV's filled me up so good I couldn't wear flip flops for about two weeks after. And with Charlotte no one warned me about the epidural, I shook like a drug addict through the whole C-section and for a couple hours after to where I couldn't even hold her until she was three or four hours old. Don't get me started on the post-prego body, I still look like I just walked out of the hospital because of my cute high maintenance child, and its been four months... :( Gotta love childbirth!

The Van Fam said...

oh no! i had no idea you had such a horrible delivery with bartel! i'm sorry, this time will be way better im sure! honestly, andyou may think i am weird but i think giving birth is fun...just say it, i'm weird, not like the pain and all but its so exciting, i'm alittle jealous that you are having a baby soon! now the not sleeping once the baby is here i'm not jealous of. by the way, nobody ever told me either that once you have a baby your tummy doesn't magically disappear! i was horified after i had trey! and that picture of bartel totally looks like connor. i'm rambling now...

Jake & Rachel said...

oh Randi, those pictures...haha, they make me cringe! You look so miserable! I'm glad Jake didn't come near me with a camera during labor with Eli. I learned to appreciate the first being the worst because they kinda pave the way :) And I think everyone will agree with you that post prego tummy is hideous and completely unfair.

Jamie Sue said...

Hey, FYI, I fixed the Bread recipe on my blog, so that it's a little easier to read and follow.

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Randi,
I miss you!! I hope you are doing ok. Wish I was there to help, well sort of...haha! Can't wait for you guys to have this baby. It will all be worth it. Just think in a few months you won't regret a thing. Your almost there!

Coleen said...

I remember that day. We were supposed to go to Santa Cruz, but the change of plans a wonderful surprise. The things we do for our sweet babies.

BTW this time Jared said do you want photos of the delivery, I said no. How about pictures, I said no. Looking back on pics and video always makes me wince. I remember how worried I was for you. Guess we forget because there were six more pregnancies after this between us.

Wish I could come over and help. Ani is doing better.

Chelsey Howard said...

Randi you are a brave woman!! I don't let people take pictures of me at the hospital or during my pregnancy!! That way I have no record that I'm not perfect(LOL):) At least you know no labor can be worse than the 1st time:) I was the same way when I had Shea. Totally puffed up from being on the IV for over 24hrs. and Iit took all my energy not to throw up when I was pushing:(

Jami Baker said...

Oh Randi, you make me laugh! I love how you think you are a philsbury dough boy when you are prego... you obvisously haven't seen me! But it's all good, I can admit that! Don't worry though, you'll be back to your normal skinny self in no time! And when I had my first, I couldn't fit into any pants I took to the hospital, it was very depressing!

Andrea said...

That sounds like a seriously rough delivery! The end result was a good one though, Bartel is a sweetheart!

Stu and Angie Milne said...

I didn't know you were expecting another baby! I'm glad I found your blog (jenny smith and i became blog friends and i saw the link for yours) you have such crafty decorating ideas! I might need your advice on refinishing a table in the near future.. congratulations on the new little one! the others are looking so grown up!