Sunday, March 2, 2008




Last week on a whim Tatum and I took the kids to "Denny's"- Tuesday kids eat free......So not worth it.

Annie was throwing a fit, and only wanted to sit on Tatum's lap and eat her food.

The girls wouldn't stay seated and left many finger prints on the "fake dessert" case.

The waiter seemed very distraut when I asked for tomatoes on only half of my omelette (Bartel and I were sharing) I sensed his distress (maybe he didn't get along with the cooks and was afraid to ask them this favor) so I withdrew my request and assured him that tomatoes could be easily picked off.-He seemed relieved.

Then They forgot 2 of our 3 items for our omelette, and the same for Tatum's mom.

Annie didn't touch her meal...at least it was free.

Oh yeah, when we first arrived they were very confused at the number of our party and took several minuets to find a spot for us. The first spot was one of those half circle booths. It was going to be a little cramped but do-able. Well the manager lady next door to that booth doing paper work was like, "they are not going to fit there why don't you put them somewhere else like the tables?" "yeah ok, we can do that" says our host. So we move far away from manager lady. Then when we are seated Tatum's mom asks " do you know her?"....."no" he replies.... Rude huh? She didn't even work there!!! She just didn't want us to sit next to her!

Then time to pay the check, computers were down and we couldn't split the check. Fine no problem here's my card,and the manager get out the old school credit card machine.....couldn't figure out how to get the paper in!!!!Oy VAy!! The kids were running wild, I felt my I.Q. dropping by the second, and it was still 2 hrs. until bedtime!

So not worth the free kids meals.

5 comments:

Levi H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Levi H. said...

Randy,
Thanks for the critique, Torrie and I have been waiting for a chef to do a piece on Denny's. We will avoid "kids eat free" days in the future.

Peifer Family said...

I think this is one of those "you get what you pay for lessons"! Scott will be very upset with this critique...Denny's is one of his favs...good thing there aren't any here in Indy :)

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Funny! Next time get a babysitter and go to the Cheesecake Factory! You can never go wrong with that scenario!

laurdacooj said...

ha ha! I feel your pain! Recently, I have made up my mind not to go to sit down resturants without Russ, its way too HARD! I love Bartel's face in the last picture! hillarious!!