Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Day Of Farewell's



So I've postponed telling everyone our sad news...Well, I guess it's sad based on who you ask. We gave Lucy back to her mommy!! I know, I know, I'm sure some of you are already posting the hate comments and alerting PETA. Don't worry, I didn't just drop her off at a park and drive off as fast as I can....It does happen though, I won't mention any names (you know who you are.) I just couldn't handle it. The mess, the dirtiness, the knowing she was going to get bigger, the feeling guilty because she was outside and we were inside. She is in a better place now, and will be adopted by a family that deserves her. Were the kids sad? A little, but in the same breath they were asking for another sandwich. ( I told them during lunch) Guess they got over it pretty quick.


Now, another farewell. Annie is down to her last diaper! We are trying to potty train, not going too well. She wee-d on the wood floor. And the coffee table...don't ask. I'm trying to get her all set up in front of the T.V with a cold beverage, her potty chair,her movie of the month, (hairspray) and blanket to keep her warm and modest. Nothing... Not a drop...Until, we decide to give the ring around her bum a break, and then she decides to go..just not in the right spot. so we went to Walmart to pick out some "potty training prizes!"...Nothing. But dang her little bum sure looks cute in her princess panties. We'll keep trying.

2 comments:

Peifer Family said...

So you swapped potty training a dog for potty training Annie! Smart move but lots of work either way! Jackson is days away from becoming a "big boy". He already goes #1 and #2 in the toilet, but I don't want to take him out of his crib so I am holding him back! It is so funny because everytime he goes #2 he just whispers PoPo to us the entire time he is going and then tells us how sick it is. What a crack up and way too much info. It is really early here sorry!

Coleen said...

Please come help me with Alex. You are such a good potty trainer and he is so stubborn.