Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer fun....

Our summer is just cruisin' right along.. So much going on every week. Bartel just finished Scout Camp last week and earned lots of badges and had a great time shooting BB guns, doing archery, swimming, crafts, water balloon fights! and just hanging out with fellow scouters. Now he's started "Power Playground" at the gym 3 times a week, playing dodgeball, exercising and staying active. The girls pretty much hang out together and with mom. We are swimming just about everyday. And they are so brown already!! especially Coco, we call her our dark chocolate, and Bartel and Annie are milk chocolate and Oliver? White Chocolate. Are we a food family or what?  The kids are doing a good job of playing together too. They rarely ask for friends over and are using their imaginations making up silly plays about "Kids on the 'naughty' list". Bartel is also determined to finish his scouting requirements for his Wolf. 
Last week the kids informed me that on Friday they were celebrating "Brother Day". They thought Brothers and Sisters should have a day like Mom's and Dad's. So and Annie and I went to the store early Friday so they could buy Bartel a present, with their own Money. They were so excited, they picked out some hot wheels and gum and came straight home to wrap them up. It was so sweet. Sister's Day is June 30th..just so you "sisters" are aware. We'll see how Bartel makes it special for them. I'm not sure how they came up with these dates..Aunt Jenna is in town! My kids love their Aunt Jenna, mainly because they know Aunt jenna loves them. She munches on my kids almost as much as I do!! She just adores all her nieces and nephews! (especially my kids;) She is going to be a great mother.. Danilo my inlaws exchange student went home Sunday back to Italy...What a nice young man. We got to know him a bit and will miss his quiet, kind demeanor and hopefully we can visit him one day and have our own private tour guide of Italy!! We also celebrated Opa's birthday! How old are you now Opa? 45?
We still have a lot of Summer left with trips planned  to Disney world, Utah,and California! 
Aunt Jenna And the boy
Getting some "air" on swim day.
Now all he needs is a pina colada in his little hand!
Annie and Oliver performing in a skit about X-mas! Oliver looks a little nervous....
The final scene in their play.. Mrs. Claus and Bartel the elf....
Our family minus Annie who was in a bad mood, with Danilo before he left for home. Ciao' 
Can you feel the love??
Happy Brothers Day my Boys!! (ignore the laundry on the couch..it's pretty much always there)
Beautiful Annie and Cousin Brooklyn!
Daddy's girls. Pretty much anything they want..they get from dad.
Your How Old??!!!

6 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Cute!! I'm so jealous of your tan kids, mine are WHITE, no matter how much sun they get:( Love the pictures. Its so cute how close the kids are to eachother, I love that they made up a brother and sister's day:)

Anonymous said...

wow i am excited for this sister day!! jk! I do love those kids so much. that was so nice of you to say all those sweet things about me. I feel so special. You are so sweet! Infact I feel like some chocolate right now...i need to come over to munch on some! Less calories too!!

Brian said...

Oh, your post was so fun to look at. It makes me sad that I miss out on such funness around there! I will soon be around to experiance it for 5 weeks. I can't wait to see Oliver. He is sooo cute!

Brian said...

Don't get excited. It's me and not Brian.. DeAnn

Jake & Rachel said...

My kids vary from dark to milk chocolate..I'm in the same boat as Oliver, white chocolate! It's very sad. He is changing so much already, such a cutie!!

Maren said...

Hey it's maren. I just found your blog. I was looking on my friend Natalie Halls and I saw your georgious pic. of your new hair do. You look amazing for having a baby 4 months ago. I wish I could say the same. I will give ya a call soon. Hope all is well you have a Beautiful family.