Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our life is busy!!

So I really feel like I don't know what I"m doing yet as a mother. And funnily enough, by the looks I get from passerby's I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me. I'm rarely out shopping with all 4 kids at once. But when I am, the smiles of sympathy, and looks of disbelief when I say "yes, they all belong to me" come pouring in.  You'd think that the frazzled look on my face and the soft round body and unkept hair and clothes would give every inklination  that these are indeed my children. Obviously a nanny wouldn't show up to work so dis- shoveled and would appear a little more put together and relaxed beings that she does not take care of these children day in and day out. I look the way I do for a reason, how dare anyone try to take away my title as "crazy mother of four". I do love these little mess makers of mine. They say we are in the best times of our life. Most times I get stopped by elderly, wise people who advise me to "enjoy every minuet, because it goes by fast" I know this all too well. My children are changing before my very eyes and sometimes I'm too "frazzled" to take notice. Relax Randi, take a breather and enjoy the chaos. Someday you might long for all that drives you crazy now, and it will be too late.
This kid loves his binky. At times I think "Maggie Simpson" is in the room the way he goes to town on it
Starting to smile... (2 months old)
He looks like Papa!! (grandpa Thayer)
Wiped out from school....who sleeps like this anyway???
Playing  "The Sorting Hat" from Harry Potter...
More make believe....
 Annie Chillin' with her Brother....then she asked me to move...she couldn't see the T.V.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah..i love the new pictures...i miss your kids so so so so much...and you of course!!! I can't wait to munch on that baby in four short weeks! love ya

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

How sweet! I love that little guy! The kids are so cute! I need to see you guys soon!

russ said...

your kids are so cute... just like their hott mom:)

russ said...

ps this is Laurel.. but I know Russ would agree:)

Torrie and the girls said...

They are so beautiful Randi! Gotta love those imaginations. Oliver looks so much like Uncle Steve, that's so cute. As for Annie and the T.V., I am grateful everyday that my kids can be entertained by the T.V. or else I would get NOTHING done! You're right, it does go by so fast you've got a good attitude. I know about the frazzled look I don't think I've had another since Emma was born, I must be a wuss, I only have two :) We love you keep up the great work!

Sherece said...

That Oliver is so sweet! Love the smile and the chubby cheeks!

Jake & Rachel said...

That little guy has changed so much! What a sweet smile he has. I'm sure you are doing a much better job than you give yourself credit for! We're always our worst critics. Cute pics!!

Chelsey Howard said...

I can't believe he's already 2 months!! I love the picture of annie holding him:) I love how siblings love their baby borther or sisters!! So adorable:) And you are not frazzled!! You are a fabulous/gorgeous amazing mother of 4. Just keep telling yourself your perfect, eventually it will sink in:)

Coleen said...

HE IS SOOO CUTE! LOVE THE CHEEKS. He is a total Thayer!

Andrea said...

Great pictures! Oliver is so cute, I love his half smile! And yes I can relate to those looks and comments and I admit, I'm too frazzled most of the time!! Wish we lived near eachother we could try to enjoy the chaos together! haha

Nicole said...

So cute and yes he totally looks like your dad!!! I am so sa I won't be able to come to Taylors wedding I am crushed I tried so hard to get work off I work graveyards on saturday nights and no one wants to work that shift so I can't come. How long are you staying do you know? Chantel's graduation is the week after and I am coming down for that! I will be there wed night next week.

love you and your kids are all adorable

Stu and Angie Milne said...

how cute is he! i can't believe how big he is already! what a cute family.

Rachelle Urness said...

This little blog couldn't be more true and how I feel a lot of the time with our 6 and especially my little Gracie who is like all the 5put together in one!!! And 2!! We will all miss theses days one day I am sure! Thanks for putting it in words for all of us! :)