Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas Time!
Christmas is coming, my thighs are getting fat,
too many samples of this and of that.

Sugar overload, kids are bouncing off the walls,
climbing on the ceilings, and spinning down the halls.

Shopping is so crazy so many gifts to buy,
kids on best behavior, trying not to tell a lie.

The mistletoe is wilting, and growing something furry,
Dad's a last minuet shopper, buying presents in a hurry.

Mom is hiding presents, and threatening those who peek,
"All will be returned if you play hide and seek."

Stocking up on band aids from the wrapping that I'll do,
And plenty Coke a Cola, for late nights will help me too.

The fridge is overfilled with food enough to feed a crew,
Complete with christmas trimmings, and plenty of milk for you know who.

The little ones keep opening presents from underneath the tree,
“No, it’s still to early!” I say, then they open more when I can’t see.

Kids can hardly sleep still reeling from their high,
Picturing santas sleigh flying over in the sky.

Then begins the count down, always such a riot,
No, not till christmas, till we start the new years diet.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Oh Randi-how I love your poems. They somehow always have to include dieting! You are a hoot!

xx said...

very very clever my friend. can always count on you at any day to write a good poem and make something so deluctable. hope your christmas was good and hurry home from utah.

Lisa Harris said...

Well hello there..
I saw your link on Tatum's. how the heck are you?? Your blog is great..the kids are still as cute as ever..and you always look fantastic. I was drooling over your holiday baked good..Yum!
I'd love to see you soon. Maybe lunch?

Nicole said...

Hey you! How are you! I love your blog and all your cute poems and cute pictures! Your family is beautiful! And I am so happy we can stay in touch a little better now! I love you and miss you!

Love
Nicole