Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Over the River and Thru the Woods.....

Hey Ya'll......We're here! South Ashevillle North Carolina!!! And what a welcome we've received...10 inches of snow this last weekend!! Crazy?? We were seriously snowed in...Ok, mom is a whimp and was certain the whole town shut down and found no reason to venture out. Except when we found out that life goes on and people are sledding!!! What fun we had. No we didn't have the proper attire, but we didn't care...these AZ folks we're just happy to be in the snow! I swear our new neighbors thought our kids jumped the gun a bit when it started snowing and they were trying to make snow angels in 1/2 inches of snow. But as you can see it didn't take long before they were buried!! We love our neighborhood, we've met so many friendly people here. They actually just knock on the door and introduce themselves and hand out their numbers like candy at Halloween...But more of that later just wanted to share some pics real quick...
Coco's oh so sad holy boots
Bartel sledding backwards!! Brave kid...
Annie eating a wintery snack..I hope that's not yellow...
A warm bath after a hard day in the snow.
Bartel...taking a nap..;)
Holy Snow!!! It got even taller then that!!
just beginning to snow..
Asheville High..looks like it should be in a movie!
Our rental....ok fine, it's the Biltmore here in Asheville...
Fall colors picture from our hotel window

10 comments:

Ricki said...

That place is beautiful! How fun for your kids to have snow to play in. Cute kids!

Hope your recovery is going well, Bart.

The Van Fam said...

Ok, thats gorgeous, when can we come visit!

Torrie and the girls said...

we're so glad you're here and safe! The weather has been a little crazy lately but i'm good to enjoy because summer will be hot (okay I know you're used to that) and HUMID, something to looki forward to... glad you're in such a great neighborhood. can't wait to come see you're adorable family!

Sherece said...

Looks fun and familiar, welcome to the world of snow and boots and mitts and toques!

Anonymous said...

asoooo funnnnnnnnn! Wow you guys are brave to go out in the snow...I like to look at it from my window! It looks amazing there! And looks like your kids love it.

Natalie Hall said...

You live in such a story book place, I love it!! I was thrilled to see a new post, but more shocked to see those crazy, yucky photos again of Barts injury, wowser!!! Your missed my dear, but I'm sure you all are very happy. Please keep blogging so we can see your happenings.. Thanks again for the updates...

Chelsey Howard said...

It looks so beautiful. How fun to have all these seasons:) Looks like you guys have already settled and made a home:) Love the pictures of the kids. And yes, that high school looks like it should be in a movie. Maybe it has been?!

Richard & Tiffany said...

I have been thinking a lot about you and wondered how you are doing with your move. I found your blog through Angela's and it looks like your are COLD! I hope that your move has been a lot smoother than our move to Albuquerque.
I love your family picture at the top of your blog. Everyone looks great!

Angela said...

Your family is beautiful!! We miss you already and we never got to say goodbye! Your new hometown looks amazing. I'll look forward to your blog updates! (I need to do some major updating myself!)

Jake & Rachel said...

Can I move to Asheville too?! It just needs to be on the west coast and it would be heaven on earth. What a great adventure! I know I've been conditioned with the military life, but I love moving and 'trying' out new states and places! Have fun with all the snow :)